Monday was a little rough for personal reasons, but I got through the day. Sometimes you have to push through whatever obstacles life throws at you, to the best of your abilities.

I am finally almost on to the framework section, after getting help from my team to resolve a few lingering bug issues. I think all I need to do first is make whatever tweaks I desire to make the game play more to my liking. For starters, I am going in increase the speed of the player ship, as it feels too slow to keep up with the enemies. I may have to increase the enemy spawn rate to make up for a faster ship. My player is also taking double damage from a dual enemy laser, which is something I find undesirable. This function will be one of the first that is completely unsupported by video tutorials, so it will test my abilities as a researcher and implementer.

Today I applied the post processing package, which I find to be very powerful and also highly enjoyable. It just opened up another door of possibilities, as well as showed me how much of the visualization can be enhanced after asset creation. I can imagine using automation of the post processing effects to change color themes and camera effects, to really convey the mood of a scene, without having that change be a permanent one to your core assets. I am assuming that the code base can communicate with the post processing area, and now I just need to figure you how to communicate with it and make it do what I want.

Well, I’m almost ready to export a demo build of this Space Shooter game, and that in and of itself is very rewarding.

I am an artist and musician, that is currently diving headfirst into game development with C# and Unity3D.